Lowestoft man jailed for two years for sexually abusing schoolgirl
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft man who sexually abused a schoolgirl more than a decade ago has been jailed for two years.
Duncan Page, 49, committed the offences when the girl was aged between seven and nine in the 1990s, Ipswich Crown Court was told.
Michael Crimp, prosecuting, said Page had pulled down the girl's underwear and had sexually assaulted her while taking her for a walk.
Page, of Denmark Road, admitted three offences of indecent assault and was jailed for two years. He was also made the subject of a sexual offences prevention order and ordered to sign on the sex offenders' register.
The court heard that although the victim's family had asked her at the time if Page had done anything to her, the offences were not reported to the police until more than a decade later.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Crimp told the court that in June 2011, Page appeared in court for inciting an 11-year-old girl to engage in sexual activity and this might have prompted the other victim 1990s to come forward.
He said the court appearance in 2011 related to Page offering to give an 11-year-old girl money if she lifted up her skirt and her top for him
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 New shop set to open in prominent town centre store
- 9 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 10 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
Lori Tucker, for Page, said the offences before the court pre-dated the offence for which he was given a community order and treatment on a sex offenders' in 2011.
She said Page had a very low IQ.