Man’s death was due to drug toxicity: coroner
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old Lowestoft gym owner died as a result of 'multiple drug toxicity', according to a coroner.
Daniel Willgoss, of Cambrian Crescent, was found in the living room of his home by his mother, who had gained entry through a window.
She immediately called for an ambulance and began CPR but he could not be revived.
At the opening of an inquest yesterday, senior coroner Nigel Parsley gave the medical cause of death - on June 17, 2018 - as multiple drug toxicity and said that blister packs of medication had been found at Mr Willgoss' home.
Following his death, his mother Sue paid tribute to the 'incredible young man' who ran Mammoth Power Gym on Whapload Road. She said: 'He was to the point, you knew where you stood with Daniel.
You may also want to watch:
'He loved the gym and in the gym he was a different person. He was just very dedicated and a very special person.'
The inquest was adjorned until November.
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 7 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 8 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign