Lowestoft martial arts instructor celebrates 40 years of teaching
- Credit: Archant
A martial arts instructor is celebrating 40 years of teaching Chinese Kempo Gung-Fu.
Johnny Johnson runs the club twice a week at Nirvana Fitness in Lowestoft, and over the years has taught at many venues in Waveney and beyond.
Over the course of his career, he has taught over 1,000 students and was awarded 8th Level Master in 2013 - the highest possible grade in Chinese Kempo.
Now 61, Mr Johnson is still training hard and continues to compete and take home medals for the club.
Members of the group will also be going to Florida later this year for the World Martial Arts Games where they hope to bring home medals.
You may also want to watch:
In 2015, they entered the Games and brought back 22 medals as a club.
Chinese Kempo is a diverse style that covers self defence, forms, weapons and sparring and requires maintaining a high level of fitness.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 7 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 8 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
Anyone interested in studying Chinese Kempo Gung-Fu should contact Johnny on 07776200314 or visit Nirvana Fitness on a Monday or Wednesday at 7.30pm.