Lowestoft martial arts instructor celebrates 40 years of teaching
- Credit: Archant
A martial arts instructor is celebrating 40 years of teaching Chinese Kempo Gung-Fu.
Johnny Johnson runs the club twice a week at Nirvana Fitness in Lowestoft, and over the years has taught at many venues in Waveney and beyond.
Over the course of his career, he has taught over 1,000 students and was awarded 8th Level Master in 2013 - the highest possible grade in Chinese Kempo.
Now 61, Mr Johnson is still training hard and continues to compete and take home medals for the club.
Members of the group will also be going to Florida later this year for the World Martial Arts Games where they hope to bring home medals.
You may also want to watch:
In 2015, they entered the Games and brought back 22 medals as a club.
Chinese Kempo is a diverse style that covers self defence, forms, weapons and sparring and requires maintaining a high level of fitness.
- 1 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 2 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 4 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 5 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 6 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 8 Joy as supported living service retains 'good' CQC inspection result
- 9 Wartime evacuees set to reunite in Lowestoft
- 10 Mountain bike stolen from outside gym on retail park
Anyone interested in studying Chinese Kempo Gung-Fu should contact Johnny on 07776200314 or visit Nirvana Fitness on a Monday or Wednesday at 7.30pm.