Lowestoft martial arts instructor celebrates 40 years of teaching
- Credit: Archant
A martial arts instructor is celebrating 40 years of teaching Chinese Kempo Gung-Fu.
Johnny Johnson runs the club twice a week at Nirvana Fitness in Lowestoft, and over the years has taught at many venues in Waveney and beyond.
Over the course of his career, he has taught over 1,000 students and was awarded 8th Level Master in 2013 - the highest possible grade in Chinese Kempo.
Now 61, Mr Johnson is still training hard and continues to compete and take home medals for the club.
Members of the group will also be going to Florida later this year for the World Martial Arts Games where they hope to bring home medals.
You may also want to watch:
In 2015, they entered the Games and brought back 22 medals as a club.
Chinese Kempo is a diverse style that covers self defence, forms, weapons and sparring and requires maintaining a high level of fitness.
- 1 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 2 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 3 Plea to help find 17-year-old missing since February 2
- 4 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 5 Peter Aldous: 'Great opportunities for future of special Lowestoft'
- 6 Police receive nearly 140 calls about Covid breaches during sunny weekend
- 7 Brexit: What does it mean for Lowestoft's fishing industry?
- 8 'Help us make a new outside space': Appeal to transform school's playground
- 9 Covid vaccination centre opens at former court building
- 10 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
Anyone interested in studying Chinese Kempo Gung-Fu should contact Johnny on 07776200314 or visit Nirvana Fitness on a Monday or Wednesday at 7.30pm.