Lowestoft martial arts instructor celebrates 40 years of teaching
- Credit: Archant
A martial arts instructor is celebrating 40 years of teaching Chinese Kempo Gung-Fu.
Johnny Johnson runs the club twice a week at Nirvana Fitness in Lowestoft, and over the years has taught at many venues in Waveney and beyond.
Over the course of his career, he has taught over 1,000 students and was awarded 8th Level Master in 2013 - the highest possible grade in Chinese Kempo.
Now 61, Mr Johnson is still training hard and continues to compete and take home medals for the club.
Members of the group will also be going to Florida later this year for the World Martial Arts Games where they hope to bring home medals.
You may also want to watch:
In 2015, they entered the Games and brought back 22 medals as a club.
Chinese Kempo is a diverse style that covers self defence, forms, weapons and sparring and requires maintaining a high level of fitness.
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 3 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 4 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 7 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 8 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 9 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death
- 10 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
Anyone interested in studying Chinese Kempo Gung-Fu should contact Johnny on 07776200314 or visit Nirvana Fitness on a Monday or Wednesday at 7.30pm.