Lowestoft MasterChef fan makes final
AN ambitious amateur chef from Halesworth has made it through to the final three in the television cooking competition MasterChef.Viewers will have last night seen Chris Gates reach the final of the BBC2 contest.
AN ambitious amateur chef from Halesworth has made it through to the final three in the television cooking competition MasterChef.
Viewers will have last night seen Chris Gates reach the final of the BBC2 contest.
Chris, 25, who is a long-time fan of the show, works at Lowestoft's Jobcentre Plus as a customer service adviser.
Next week, which is the final week of the programme, will see Chris battle it out with his remaining two rivals during a stamina-sapping set of challenges.
You may also want to watch:
It starts with an 18-hour day, cooking in the Highlands of Scotland for 30 soldiers before producing a three-course meal for the regiment's top brass.
The contestants then fly back to London to cater for 450 people at Buckingham Palace as part of their bid to be crowned MasterChef 2009.
- 1 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 2 What is the future for Lowestoft's historic high street?
- 3 'Help us make a new outside space': Appeal to transform school's playground
- 4 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
- 5 Peter Aldous: 'Great opportunities for future of special Lowestoft'
- 6 Town 'at the heart' of green energy bid after windfarm success
- 7 Delays expected for bridge works
- 8 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 9 Couple separated by Covid reunited for 65th anniversary
- 10 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
The week concludes with the ultimate test - travelling to cook at three of Europe's finest Michelin- starred restaurants in France, Spain and Denmark, before a last effort on Thursday to come up with a final three-course meal in front of judges John Torode and Gregg Wallace.