Lowestoft MasterChef fan makes final
AN ambitious amateur chef from Halesworth has made it through to the final three in the television cooking competition MasterChef.Viewers will have last night seen Chris Gates reach the final of the BBC2 contest.
AN ambitious amateur chef from Halesworth has made it through to the final three in the television cooking competition MasterChef.
Viewers will have last night seen Chris Gates reach the final of the BBC2 contest.
Chris, 25, who is a long-time fan of the show, works at Lowestoft's Jobcentre Plus as a customer service adviser.
Next week, which is the final week of the programme, will see Chris battle it out with his remaining two rivals during a stamina-sapping set of challenges.
You may also want to watch:
It starts with an 18-hour day, cooking in the Highlands of Scotland for 30 soldiers before producing a three-course meal for the regiment's top brass.
The contestants then fly back to London to cater for 450 people at Buckingham Palace as part of their bid to be crowned MasterChef 2009.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 9 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 10 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
The week concludes with the ultimate test - travelling to cook at three of Europe's finest Michelin- starred restaurants in France, Spain and Denmark, before a last effort on Thursday to come up with a final three-course meal in front of judges John Torode and Gregg Wallace.