Lowestoft MasterChef fan makes final
AN ambitious amateur chef from Halesworth has made it through to the final three in the television cooking competition MasterChef.Viewers will have last night seen Chris Gates reach the final of the BBC2 contest.
AN ambitious amateur chef from Halesworth has made it through to the final three in the television cooking competition MasterChef.
Viewers will have last night seen Chris Gates reach the final of the BBC2 contest.
Chris, 25, who is a long-time fan of the show, works at Lowestoft's Jobcentre Plus as a customer service adviser.
Next week, which is the final week of the programme, will see Chris battle it out with his remaining two rivals during a stamina-sapping set of challenges.
You may also want to watch:
It starts with an 18-hour day, cooking in the Highlands of Scotland for 30 soldiers before producing a three-course meal for the regiment's top brass.
The contestants then fly back to London to cater for 450 people at Buckingham Palace as part of their bid to be crowned MasterChef 2009.
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 3 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 4 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 7 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 8 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 9 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death
- 10 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
The week concludes with the ultimate test - travelling to cook at three of Europe's finest Michelin- starred restaurants in France, Spain and Denmark, before a last effort on Thursday to come up with a final three-course meal in front of judges John Torode and Gregg Wallace.