Lowestoft men threatened with a knife in aggravated burglary
DETECTIVES are hunting two men after an aggravated burglary incident at a home in Lowestoft.
A 30-year-old man was at the house in St Peters Street about 7.30pm last night (Monday, March 14) with two friends when two men – described of thin to medium build and wearing dark coloured sports clothing with their faces partially covered - entered via an unlocked door.
The two burglars became aggressive, shouting and threatening the occupants with what appeared to be a knife. They appeared to know the 30-year-old man's name and were abusive towards him before stealing a computer from the premises. This was later found abandoned at the top of Princes Road.
'Police would like to hear from anyone who was in the area around this time who saw or heard anything that may help enquiries into the incident, including anyone who may have seen someone carrying the computer equipment,' a police spokesman said. 'Officers would also like to speak to anyone with information about the men involved.'
• If you can help please call DC 1087 Pybus at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 4 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 5 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 6 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties