Lowestoft men threatened with a knife in aggravated burglary
DETECTIVES are hunting two men after an aggravated burglary incident at a home in Lowestoft.
A 30-year-old man was at the house in St Peters Street about 7.30pm last night (Monday, March 14) with two friends when two men – described of thin to medium build and wearing dark coloured sports clothing with their faces partially covered - entered via an unlocked door.
The two burglars became aggressive, shouting and threatening the occupants with what appeared to be a knife. They appeared to know the 30-year-old man's name and were abusive towards him before stealing a computer from the premises. This was later found abandoned at the top of Princes Road.
'Police would like to hear from anyone who was in the area around this time who saw or heard anything that may help enquiries into the incident, including anyone who may have seen someone carrying the computer equipment,' a police spokesman said. 'Officers would also like to speak to anyone with information about the men involved.'
• If you can help please call DC 1087 Pybus at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 4 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 7 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 8 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted