Mother’s £10 stake leads to £250,000 bingo win
- Credit: Archant
A mother of two is celebrating a 'life-changing' win after hitting the jackpot on an online bingo site.
Jade Payne, who is from Lowestoft, was enjoying some time to herself when she placed a £10 stake on a Mecca Bingo game.
To her great surprise, the 25-year-old clearly had lady luck on her side when she triumphed to win a staggering quarter of a million pounds.
A lover of online bingo, the stay-at-home mum has been a Mecca member for a couple of years and has previously won a few jackpots, with the highest up until this point being £7,500.
After this latest success, she is planning to put the winnings towards buying a new house and cars for herself and her father, as well as spoiling her two children. She has also generously given her brother the deposit for a mortgage on his first house.
You may also want to watch:
'I couldn't believe it when my final numbers came around,' she said. 'It was so exciting to see them drop into place; winning such an incredible sum of money was an amazing feeling.
'This is a life-changing win for my family and it couldn't have come at a better time to be able to start the New Year on a high. I'm overjoyed that I've been able to treat my dad and brother and I can look for a new house for my children.
- 1 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 People stranded on sandspit spark emergency response
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 7 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 8 Vacancy on town council after resignation
- 9 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 10 Vandals rip off car wing mirrors in Lowestoft street
'It just goes to show, you have to be in it to win it. Thank you Mecca!'
Caroline Webb, spokesman for Mecca Bingo, said: 'We are always thrilled to celebrate with our winners, especially when the prize comes at a special time of year and is a life-changing win.
'We hope Jade has a fantastic 2018 with her family.'