Lowestoft mum’s joy as cash to help Ben pours in
HOPES have been raised that a young Lowestoft boy can have the pioneering treatment he needs to control his severe allergies after the public rallied behind an appeal.
The Journal reported last week on Toni Brown's efforts to raise between �3000 and �6000 to allow her four-year-old son Ben to have desensitisation treatment to prevent more allergies being added to the ever-growing list of things he reacts to.
Mrs Brown, 31, of Sussex Road, Lowestoft, has organised a string of fundraising events at Grosvenor Casino in Great Yarmouth where she works and has already raised hundreds of pounds. But following last week's Journal story, she has been amazed by the response.
'There was one lady who phoned the casino and said she wanted to send some money to the little boy and she is sending a cheque. Then a man rang up and said he wanted to send a cheque too, which was amazing,' she said.
Among those pledging donations was Jimmy Swann from money raised for Susannah Pont to have treatment for brain stem cancer in America. The little girl from Caister, near Yarmouth, died aged seven, less than a year after she was diagnosed. Money raised in her name is going to help other local children get the care they need.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'It is absolutely amazing and it was quite an emotional day when the Mr Swann rang and said he would donate �500.'
Ben, suffers daily and worsening reactions to a host of ordinary substances like grass, eggs, nuts most animals and all pollen. The next casino event is a party night on Saturday, February 26. Contact the casino on 01493 850444 for more information.
- 1 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 2 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 3 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 4 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 5 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 6 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 7 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 8 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?