Lowestoft nightspot closed by police
A LOWESTOFT nightspot had to be closed by police after trouble flared, it emerged this week.Greenfields, in Lowestoft High Street, was closed on the evening of Friday, February 26 after a man was injured and another man was arrested as officers issued a closure order amid concerns 'over the behaviour' of some patrons within the premises.
A LOWESTOFT nightspot had to be closed by police after trouble flared, it emerged this week.
Greenfields, in Lowestoft High Street, was closed on the evening of Friday, February 26 after a man was injured and another man was arrested as officers issued a closure order amid concerns 'over the behaviour' of some patrons within the premises.
'Police were called to attend Lowestoft High Street following a report of a man with injuries standing outside Greenfields,' a police spokesman told The Journal.
Officers subsequently found a 23-year-old man who had suffered cuts to his face as he reported there had been an altercation inside Greenfields, as trouble flared in the venue.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year-old man was subsequently arrested and he has now been bailed to return to Lowestoft police station on April 3, pending further enquiries.
'Police did issue a closure order under section 161 of the Licensing Act, which closed the premises for three hours, following concerns over the behaviour of some patrons within the premises,' the spokesman added.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 4 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 5 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 6 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 7 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 8 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
'Officers are now working closely with the licensee to try to ensure measures are in place to prevent further incidents.'