Lowestoft nightspot closed by police
A LOWESTOFT nightspot had to be closed by police after trouble flared, it emerged this week.Greenfields, in Lowestoft High Street, was closed on the evening of Friday, February 26 after a man was injured and another man was arrested as officers issued a closure order amid concerns 'over the behaviour' of some patrons within the premises.
A LOWESTOFT nightspot had to be closed by police after trouble flared, it emerged this week.
Greenfields, in Lowestoft High Street, was closed on the evening of Friday, February 26 after a man was injured and another man was arrested as officers issued a closure order amid concerns 'over the behaviour' of some patrons within the premises.
'Police were called to attend Lowestoft High Street following a report of a man with injuries standing outside Greenfields,' a police spokesman told The Journal.
Officers subsequently found a 23-year-old man who had suffered cuts to his face as he reported there had been an altercation inside Greenfields, as trouble flared in the venue.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year-old man was subsequently arrested and he has now been bailed to return to Lowestoft police station on April 3, pending further enquiries.
'Police did issue a closure order under section 161 of the Licensing Act, which closed the premises for three hours, following concerns over the behaviour of some patrons within the premises,' the spokesman added.
- 1 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 2 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 5 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 6 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 7 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 8 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 9 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 10 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
'Officers are now working closely with the licensee to try to ensure measures are in place to prevent further incidents.'