Lowestoft pancake race hailed a success
WITH frying pans at the ready, a flipping great time was had by all!
Britain's most easterly pancake race saw nine local businesses and organisations hit the starting line all hungry for success as they battled it out today (Tuesday) in Lowestoft town centre.
And first-time entrants Wilkinson were all smiles as they walked away with the trophy - won on the previous two occasions by The Journal - after a keenly-contested spectacle, which attracted a good crowd.
The race took place in London Road North, outside Westgate Department Store, and organisers hailed the event a success.
• For a full picture special of this popular event, which organisers from the Lowestoft Town Management Partnership hope to make an annual race, be sure to buy this Friday's Journal for all the details.
- 1 Landlord 'sells Lowestoft Banksy work for £2 million'
- 2 Lowestoft man used toy gun to steal can of Dr Pepper from kebab shop
- 3 Lowestoft man arrested 200 miles from home after police hunt
- 4 Lowestoft man denies High Street assault
- 5 Two e-scooters and cannabis seized in Lowestoft
- 6 Major £4.7m scheme under way to relocate pipelines in Lowestoft
- 7 Suffolk seaside resort named among the poshest villages in the UK
- 8 Mountain bike stolen during burglary near Lowestoft
- 9 Man's death 'not suspicious' after body found in Lowestoft
- 10 Vehicle parked outside Lowestoft home targeted by vandals