Lowestoft pancake race hailed a success
WITH frying pans at the ready, a flipping great time was had by all!
Britain's most easterly pancake race saw nine local businesses and organisations hit the starting line all hungry for success as they battled it out today (Tuesday) in Lowestoft town centre.
And first-time entrants Wilkinson were all smiles as they walked away with the trophy - won on the previous two occasions by The Journal - after a keenly-contested spectacle, which attracted a good crowd.
The race took place in London Road North, outside Westgate Department Store, and organisers hailed the event a success.
• For a full picture special of this popular event, which organisers from the Lowestoft Town Management Partnership hope to make an annual race, be sure to buy this Friday's Journal for all the details.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 2 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 5 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 6 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 8 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success