Lowestoft pancake race hailed a success
WITH frying pans at the ready, a flipping great time was had by all!
Britain's most easterly pancake race saw nine local businesses and organisations hit the starting line all hungry for success as they battled it out today (Tuesday) in Lowestoft town centre.
And first-time entrants Wilkinson were all smiles as they walked away with the trophy - won on the previous two occasions by The Journal - after a keenly-contested spectacle, which attracted a good crowd.
The race took place in London Road North, outside Westgate Department Store, and organisers hailed the event a success.
• For a full picture special of this popular event, which organisers from the Lowestoft Town Management Partnership hope to make an annual race, be sure to buy this Friday's Journal for all the details.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'