Lowestoft pantomime set to raise funds for East Anglian Air Ambulance
THE final performance of Lowestoft's festive pantomime, Aladdin, will be raising funds for the East Anglian Air Ambulance on Sunday.
Producers, cast members and the Marina Theatre have linked up with Marks and Spencer to support the charity after an employee at the M&S store in London Road North, Lowestoft, was badly injured in an accident just before Christmas.
The air ambulance was called to town centre and landed close to Marina Theatre, where the final performance of Aladdin will take place on Sunday. It flew the woman to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
A spokesman for the panto said: 'Seeing the work of the air ambulance team so close to the theatre really brought home to everyone what an essential service it provides. We are delighted that our final performance in Lowestoft will be in support of their efforts.'
Aladdin still has seats available for shows this week and at the weekend, with the final performances on Sunday (January 6) at 1pm and 5pm. Proceeds from the 5pm show will go to the Norwich-based air ambulance which operates two helicopters covering Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
? To book tickets, call the Marina Box Office on 01502 533200.
- 1 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 2 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 5 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 6 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 7 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 10 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures