Lowestoft pantomime set to raise funds for East Anglian Air Ambulance
THE final performance of Lowestoft's festive pantomime, Aladdin, will be raising funds for the East Anglian Air Ambulance on Sunday.
Producers, cast members and the Marina Theatre have linked up with Marks and Spencer to support the charity after an employee at the M&S store in London Road North, Lowestoft, was badly injured in an accident just before Christmas.
The air ambulance was called to town centre and landed close to Marina Theatre, where the final performance of Aladdin will take place on Sunday. It flew the woman to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
A spokesman for the panto said: 'Seeing the work of the air ambulance team so close to the theatre really brought home to everyone what an essential service it provides. We are delighted that our final performance in Lowestoft will be in support of their efforts.'
Aladdin still has seats available for shows this week and at the weekend, with the final performances on Sunday (January 6) at 1pm and 5pm. Proceeds from the 5pm show will go to the Norwich-based air ambulance which operates two helicopters covering Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
? To book tickets, call the Marina Box Office on 01502 533200.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight