Lowestoft pantomime set to raise funds for East Anglian Air Ambulance
THE final performance of Lowestoft's festive pantomime, Aladdin, will be raising funds for the East Anglian Air Ambulance on Sunday.
Producers, cast members and the Marina Theatre have linked up with Marks and Spencer to support the charity after an employee at the M&S store in London Road North, Lowestoft, was badly injured in an accident just before Christmas.
The air ambulance was called to town centre and landed close to Marina Theatre, where the final performance of Aladdin will take place on Sunday. It flew the woman to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
A spokesman for the panto said: 'Seeing the work of the air ambulance team so close to the theatre really brought home to everyone what an essential service it provides. We are delighted that our final performance in Lowestoft will be in support of their efforts.'
Aladdin still has seats available for shows this week and at the weekend, with the final performances on Sunday (January 6) at 1pm and 5pm. Proceeds from the 5pm show will go to the Norwich-based air ambulance which operates two helicopters covering Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
? To book tickets, call the Marina Box Office on 01502 533200.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 7 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 8 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft