Lowestoft pensioner hurt in burglary with violence incident
POLICE are seeking witnesses after a Lowestoft pensioner was injured during a burglary with violence incident at a home in Lowestoft.
A man in his early 70s heard a noise at the property in Rotterdam Road about 12.45am yesterday morning (Wednesday) and went to open his front door. As he did so a man forced his way in, knocking over the pensioner in the process.
The elderly man suffered a cut to his head, swelling to his wrist and ankle and bruising to his arm and ribs in the incident.
The robber demanded cash but when told that there was none in the property, the man tried to get to the phone to alert police - however the burglar snatched the cordless phone from him and left.
This phone was later located by police officers searching the area. A 22-year-old man was arrested shortly after this, but he has now been released and faces no further police action.
You may also want to watch:
'The offender is described as white, aged in his 20s to early 30s, around 5ft 10ins tall, of slim build and of drawn appearance wearing a two-tone grey woolly hat, a blue padded jacket and dark coloured trousers or jeans,' a police spokesman said.
'Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have been in the area around this time who may have seen or heard anything that may help the enquiry or anyone with information about who the offender may be.'
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
• If you can help please call DC 157 Woodham at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.