Lowestoft Players prepare to present some fairytale fun with annual pantomime
- Credit: Archant
Fee fie foe fum, it's time for lots of panto fun!
That's the message going out to families across Waveney as the Lowestoft Players return to the Marina Theatre stage with their popular annual pantomime.
Starting tomorrow and running for nine performances, fairytale fun will be provided as the Players perform the panto Jack and the Beanstalk.
This classic fairytale will be given a magical twist by the Players in a show they will perform nine times between tomorrow (Saturday, January 24) and Sunday, February 1.
Packed with comedy sketches, song and dance routines, colourful costumes and a host of fun characters, the show will proved a New Year's treat for all the family.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a very messy slapstick scene with Dame Trott – played by Stephen Wilson – and Silly Billy, played by Lewis Caplin.
Stephen Wilson said: 'Our slapstick scenes always have audiences in hysterics and this year's will not disappoint.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 9 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 10 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
'It's very messy which makes it unpredictable, who knows what will happen on the night!'
Known for their lavish sets and speciality scenes, Jack and the Beanstalk will feature a full size beanstalk, magical UV and, of course, the Giant and the evil Fleshcreep.
Along with copious amounts of booing, hissing and cheering, audiences can also join in with a special mention from Dame Trott. To get your family's names mentioned, simply head to The Lowestoft Players Facebook page and leave a message.
Jack and the Beanstalk will be performed at the Marina Theatre at 2.30pm and 7.30pm tomorrow, at 1pm and 5.30pm on Sunday, at 7.30pm next Wednesday, January 28, at 7.30pm next Friday, January 30, at 2.30pm and 7.30pm on Saturday, January 31 and at 2.30pm on Sunday, February 1 for their final show.
? Tickets are available from the Marina Theatre box office on 01502 533200.
? For more information on The Lowestoft Players and forthcoming productions, visit www.thelowestoftplayers.co.uk or become a fan on Facebook via www.facebook.com/lowestoftplayers