Theatre group invites public to see behind the scenes
- Credit: Archant
An amateur dramatics company is giving members of the public a rare opportunity to view the inner workings of its theatre.
Lowestoft Players are inviting people to the Bethel on Battery Green to see what goes on backstage, while there will be a chance to see some of the wonderful costume creations and photos from years gone by.
Taking place from 10am to 4pm on Sunday, July 1, the open day will also allow visitors to examine the plans for the future development of the theatre.
Members of the company will be on hand to speak to anyone interested in becoming a part of the Players, who are currently celebrating their 50th anniversary year.
The theatre box office will be open for people to purchase tickets for future productions, including Made in Dagenham to be performed this September.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, the new book celebrating the group's longevity - 'The Lowestoft Players at 50' - will be available, as will various refreshments.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced