Theatre group invites public to see behind the scenes
- Credit: Archant
An amateur dramatics company is giving members of the public a rare opportunity to view the inner workings of its theatre.
Lowestoft Players are inviting people to the Bethel on Battery Green to see what goes on backstage, while there will be a chance to see some of the wonderful costume creations and photos from years gone by.
Taking place from 10am to 4pm on Sunday, July 1, the open day will also allow visitors to examine the plans for the future development of the theatre.
Members of the company will be on hand to speak to anyone interested in becoming a part of the Players, who are currently celebrating their 50th anniversary year.
The theatre box office will be open for people to purchase tickets for future productions, including Made in Dagenham to be performed this September.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, the new book celebrating the group's longevity - 'The Lowestoft Players at 50' - will be available, as will various refreshments.
- 1 High street store for auction as 'residential development'
- 2 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 3 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 4 'The Gull Wing is go' - Joy as third crossing secures Government approval
- 5 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 6 Suffolk to be in Tier Two in local lockdown system
- 7 Coup for Blues with signing of former Norwich City youngster
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 9 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 10 Club puts safety and well-being first as facility is 'closed to all'