Theatre group invites public to see behind the scenes
- Credit: Archant
An amateur dramatics company is giving members of the public a rare opportunity to view the inner workings of its theatre.
Lowestoft Players are inviting people to the Bethel on Battery Green to see what goes on backstage, while there will be a chance to see some of the wonderful costume creations and photos from years gone by.
Taking place from 10am to 4pm on Sunday, July 1, the open day will also allow visitors to examine the plans for the future development of the theatre.
Members of the company will be on hand to speak to anyone interested in becoming a part of the Players, who are currently celebrating their 50th anniversary year.
The theatre box office will be open for people to purchase tickets for future productions, including Made in Dagenham to be performed this September.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, the new book celebrating the group's longevity - 'The Lowestoft Players at 50' - will be available, as will various refreshments.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 6 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 9 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 10 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park