Lowestoft police investigating sexual attack on 17-year-old girl
Anthony CarrollDetectives are appealing for information after a 17-year-old girl reported being sexually assaulted in Lowestoft this morning.Anthony Carroll
Detectives are appealing for information after a 17-year-old girl reported being sexually assaulted in Lowestoft this morning.
Police were on patrol in Marine Parade around 1.30am when they came across three girls.
One was distressed and reported that she had been sexually assaulted.
She said she had been walking from Lowestoft High Street through the town centre when she was joined by a man who started to talk to her. She told him to go away but the man continued to follow her.
You may also want to watch:
The 17-year-old then crossed Katwijk Way and was near the traffic lights, on the path leading to Tonning Street, when she was grabbed, pushed against a wall and sexually assaulted.
It is thought the man stopped sexually assaulting her because he may have been disturbed by a passing car.
- 1 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 2 A12 closed following serious three-vehicle crash
- 3 Lowestoft gets £24.9m for key town centre projects
- 4 Dangerous double drug-driver awaits sentence for injuring cyclist
- 5 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through region
- 6 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 7 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Man charged following early morning burglary attempt
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft
- 10 The voice of the Shipping Forecast publishes latest fox storybook
He was white, with large hands and was wearing blue jeans and smelt of alcohol and aftershave.
Detectives are now viewing CCTV footage from the area and officers are carrying out house to house enquiries.
Anyone with information on the sexual assault, which happened between 12.30am and 1.30am, should contact Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.