Lowestoft post office gets the stamp of approval at national awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
The hard working team at a popular post office branch have been honoured with a national award.
Lowestoft Post Office, located at London Road North, picked up an award for exceptional customer service at the 2018 Post Office retail sales awards.
The awards ceremony, which was held in London on June 16, saw the Lowestoft branch lift the award for the best directly managed branch.
The ceremony, celebrating the hard work, community spirit and excellent levels of service provided to customers by teams and individuals working in over 11,500 branches, saw the team from Lowestoft collect the best directly managed branch.
Clare King, branch manager from Lowestoft Post Office, said: 'We were obviously overwhelmed at being recognised as the best branch, we leapt from our seats with massive joy when our name was announced. Many of our team were live streaming which was great as they could also join in the celebrations.'
You may also want to watch:
Debbie Smith, Post Office CEO of Retail said: 'People working in branches such as Lowestoft are passionate about what they do, working incredibly hard every day, providing services that really matter to our customers. They are key to ensuring our branches thrive at the heart of communities across the UK, not just for today's customers but for future generations too.'
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 3 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 4 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 5 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 8 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment