Public transport still feeling the strain of the Beast from the East
- Credit: Archant
Public transport is still struggling to get back up to full working order, but the disruption is less severe than the last couple of days.
All trains scheduled to depart Lowestoft to Ipswich or Norwich have been cancelled until further notice, with Greater Anglia running a reduced Saturday service on some lines in East Anglia.
These include the Norwich to London lines, and the Norwich to Cambridge, Ipswich to Felixstowe, Cambridge, and Peterborough.
Greater Anglia are advising passengers only to travel if their journey is necessary.
They have also lifted all ticket restrictions on their routes until Sunday, March 4, allowing travellers to travel on alternative, earlier or later trains than on their ticket,
You may also want to watch:
For commuters relying on buses, the X2/X21/X22 is still running Lowestoft to Beccles only, not serving Hales, North Cove, Loddon and Thurton.
The 146 BorderBus service will not be serving Norwich as road conditions are still not safe but the service will continue to operate between Southwold and Beccles only.
- 1 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 2 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 3 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 4 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 5 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 6 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 7 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 10 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
Service 1/1A is not serving Hopton or Corton. First Buses said: 'Service 1/1A starting at Martham operating to Hembsy via Gibet Hill then main road to Caister coming in along Norwich road.'
Service 4 is suspended, but will be reviewed at around 9am while the 5 is serving to Belton and back and the 9 is not serving Shrublands but is now going around Cliff Park.
The X1, X11, 2, 6, and 8 are all running normal routes and services.
Customers are being advised to check the @FirstYar_Low twitter before they travel, or call First's customer service number 0345 602 0121.