Lowestoft rail commuters warned ahead of line closures
- Credit: James Bass
Rail passengers using the line between Ipswich, Lowestoft and Felixstowe are being urged to check before they travel as work begins replacing the track.
The line between Ipswich and Halesworth will be closed from Saturday, July 29 to Sunday, August 6 as Network Rail replace nearly 8km of track as part of its Railway Upgrade Plan. A rail replacement service will be in place between Ipswich and Halesworth.
Additionally, on the weekends of July 29 and 30 and August 5 and 6, the line between Ipswich and Felixstowe will be closed for track renewal work.
A rail replacement service will be in place.
Simon Ancona, Network Rail's chief operating officer for Anglia, said: 'This work will improve reliability and keep services running smoothly.
You may also want to watch:
'I understand the inconvenience of the closure, but this amount of work can only be completed when the line isn't in use.'
- 1 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 4 Vandals rip off car wing mirrors in Lowestoft street
- 5 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 6 Fourth place for Giarnni and GB quartet in team gymnastics Olympic final
- 7 People stranded on sandspit spark emergency response
- 8 Vacancy on town council after resignation
- 9 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 10 Mountain bike stolen from outside gym on retail park