Lowestoft rail commuters warned ahead of line closures
- Credit: James Bass
Rail passengers using the line between Ipswich, Lowestoft and Felixstowe are being urged to check before they travel as work begins replacing the track.
The line between Ipswich and Halesworth will be closed from Saturday, July 29 to Sunday, August 6 as Network Rail replace nearly 8km of track as part of its Railway Upgrade Plan. A rail replacement service will be in place between Ipswich and Halesworth.
Additionally, on the weekends of July 29 and 30 and August 5 and 6, the line between Ipswich and Felixstowe will be closed for track renewal work.
A rail replacement service will be in place.
Simon Ancona, Network Rail's chief operating officer for Anglia, said: 'This work will improve reliability and keep services running smoothly.
You may also want to watch:
'I understand the inconvenience of the closure, but this amount of work can only be completed when the line isn't in use.'
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 7 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight