Lowestoft rail commuters warned ahead of line closures
- Credit: James Bass
Rail passengers using the line between Ipswich, Lowestoft and Felixstowe are being urged to check before they travel as work begins replacing the track.
The line between Ipswich and Halesworth will be closed from Saturday, July 29 to Sunday, August 6 as Network Rail replace nearly 8km of track as part of its Railway Upgrade Plan. A rail replacement service will be in place between Ipswich and Halesworth.
Additionally, on the weekends of July 29 and 30 and August 5 and 6, the line between Ipswich and Felixstowe will be closed for track renewal work.
A rail replacement service will be in place.
Simon Ancona, Network Rail's chief operating officer for Anglia, said: 'This work will improve reliability and keep services running smoothly.
You may also want to watch:
'I understand the inconvenience of the closure, but this amount of work can only be completed when the line isn't in use.'
- 1 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 4 Staggering response to ‘Relight my fire’ campaign
- 5 High street store for auction as 'residential development'
- 6 Hunt for witnesses after 10 vandals target bike shelter
- 7 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 8 Missing pregnant woman found
- 9 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 10 'The Gull Wing is go' - Joy as third crossing secures Government approval