Recycling centre to close all day due to 'chemical incident'
- Credit: Archant
All bookings have been cancelled at a coastal town's recycling centre due to a "chemical incident".
Lowestoft's recycling centre on Hadenham Road will be closed all day on Thursday, July 15.
A statement from Suffolk Recycling Centres said: "Lowestoft Recycling Centre will be closed tomorrow (Thursday 15th) and all bookings have been cancelled. This is due to a chemical incident that means the whole building cannot be used.
"Bookings for 15th will need to be rebooked via the website."
Lowestoft county councillor Jamie Starling said he was not aware of the chemical incident.
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 5 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 6 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 7 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 10 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more