Road cordoned off as police investigate 'overnight incident'
- Credit: Google
A main road remains cordoned off by police in Lowestoft after an overnight incident which saw a large emergency services response.
Lowestoft Police tweeted at 5am today that St Peter's Street was currently closed at the junction with Yeovil Road and that residents should find alternative routes.
Neighbours reported seeing multiple police cars, forensics and an armed police unit on the road overnight and into this morning.
One man living nearby said: "As I was leaving for work this morning at about 6am the road was still closed off.
"I saw about 10 police cars, forensics and what looked like an armed copper."
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 3 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 4 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 7 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 8 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 9 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death
- 10 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works