Elderly woman’s handbag snatched in morning robbery
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a robbery which saw an elderly woman's handbag stolen.
Officers were called to Regent Road in Lowestoft at about 11.35am on Thursday, July 26, following reports of a robbery.
An offender had approached the victim, an elderly woman, and snatched her handbag, containing a mobile phone, keys and purse. He ran from the scene on Regent Road, across Katwijk Way, and towards Clapham Road Central.
The offender is described as a white male, aged between 16 and 24-years-old. He was wearing a black t-shirt and black shorts, and was carrying a sports drawstring bag over his shoulder.
A man has been arrested in connection with the offence but has since been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should contact DC Chris Thompson at Lowestoft CID on 101, quoting crime reference number 37/41870/18.
- 1 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 2 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 3 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 4 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 7 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 8 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street