Elderly woman’s handbag snatched in morning robbery
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a robbery which saw an elderly woman's handbag stolen.
Officers were called to Regent Road in Lowestoft at about 11.35am on Thursday, July 26, following reports of a robbery.
An offender had approached the victim, an elderly woman, and snatched her handbag, containing a mobile phone, keys and purse. He ran from the scene on Regent Road, across Katwijk Way, and towards Clapham Road Central.
The offender is described as a white male, aged between 16 and 24-years-old. He was wearing a black t-shirt and black shorts, and was carrying a sports drawstring bag over his shoulder.
A man has been arrested in connection with the offence but has since been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should contact DC Chris Thompson at Lowestoft CID on 101, quoting crime reference number 37/41870/18.
- 1 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 2 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 5 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014