Lowestoft rockers The Darkness set to tour again
THE 'radio silence' is almost over for Lowestoft rockers The Darkness.
Last month, The Journal reported that the band had reformed and were preparing for their first major gig together in more than five years, at the Download Festival at Donington Park, Leicestershire, on June 10.
And this week, the band have announced a string of new dates as part of a European summer festival tour – with performances planned at venues in Austria, Sweden and Spain in June and July.
Meanwhile, the band, fronted by Justin Hawkins, and his brother Dan, are busy on their long-awaited third album.
They are said to be working on new songs in an East Anglian studio, along with drummer Ed Graham and guitarist Frankie Poullain. 'All heads are down into hard work,' a spokesman for the band said this week.
'Suffice to say, radio silence will be broken properly before too long.'
A day after their appearance at the Download Festival, The Darkness will perform at the Nova Rock Festival in Nickelsdorf in Austria on Saturday, June 11.
- 1 BBC film crew spotted filming in Lowestoft
- 2 'Ethan touched the lives of everyone': Family's emotional tribute to teen
- 3 Lowestoft man jailed after breaching restraining order within an hour
- 4 Police hunt for teenager with knife who threatened man in town centre
- 5 'Like an earthquake' - Life by Lowestoft's Gull Wing construction site
- 6 Go-ahead for new shops and flats at site of former family-run business
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of GBH
- 8 Major infrastructure projects 'putting pressure' on Suffolk
- 9 Arsonist to be sentenced after admitting starting blaze at block of flats
- 10 Enquiries ongoing after man sexually assaulted on Lowestoft beach
Here they will share the stage with headliners Iron Maiden, and a bill that includes fellow rockers Linkin Park, Motorhead and Korn.
Less than a month later, they will make an appearance alongside rock veteran Alice Cooper and his band at the Getaway Rock Festival in G�vle, Sweden on Friday, July 8.
The following week, the band will hit the stage once more with Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper at the Getafe open air festival in Madrid, Spain on Friday, July 15.
For information on, and tickets for, the Download Festival, visit the website: www.downloadfestival.co.uk