Lowestoft rockers The Darkness set to tour again
THE 'radio silence' is almost over for Lowestoft rockers The Darkness.
Last month, The Journal reported that the band had reformed and were preparing for their first major gig together in more than five years, at the Download Festival at Donington Park, Leicestershire, on June 10.
And this week, the band have announced a string of new dates as part of a European summer festival tour – with performances planned at venues in Austria, Sweden and Spain in June and July.
Meanwhile, the band, fronted by Justin Hawkins, and his brother Dan, are busy on their long-awaited third album.
They are said to be working on new songs in an East Anglian studio, along with drummer Ed Graham and guitarist Frankie Poullain. 'All heads are down into hard work,' a spokesman for the band said this week.
You may also want to watch:
'Suffice to say, radio silence will be broken properly before too long.'
A day after their appearance at the Download Festival, The Darkness will perform at the Nova Rock Festival in Nickelsdorf in Austria on Saturday, June 11.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
Here they will share the stage with headliners Iron Maiden, and a bill that includes fellow rockers Linkin Park, Motorhead and Korn.
Less than a month later, they will make an appearance alongside rock veteran Alice Cooper and his band at the Getaway Rock Festival in G�vle, Sweden on Friday, July 8.
The following week, the band will hit the stage once more with Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper at the Getafe open air festival in Madrid, Spain on Friday, July 15.
For information on, and tickets for, the Download Festival, visit the website: www.downloadfestival.co.uk