Lowestoft Rotarians support theatre’s roof appeal
- Credit: Archant
The Seagull Theatre's Raise the Roof campaign has been given another boost.
The Rotary Club of Lowestoft has made a donation of £200 to the appeal, which aims to raise £40,000 to repair collapsing parts of the ceiling and boarded up windows at the Pakefield theatre.
The donation was helped by the Folk Group of John Ward and Mario Price, who gave a performance to the Rotary Club free of charge.
The cheque was presented by club president Barry Scaplehorn, who expressed delight at there being such a valuable facility locally, and being able to help such a worthy cause.
Receiving the cheque was Ian Fosten of the Seagull, having given an inspiring talk on the history of the theatre.
You may also want to watch:
The campaign was launched in August 2016, with the hope of reaching the target in one year.
At the end of May, the fund was up to £24,336, with further donations promised.
- 1 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 2 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 3 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 4 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 5 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 6 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 7 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 8 Flood-hit school hails 'amazing' community response
- 9 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 10 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man