Lowestoft Rotary Club installs new president
- Credit: Archant
Well-known entertainer and local personality Kenny Cantor has become the new president of Lowestoft's Rotary Club.
Presidential duties were passed on to Mr Cantor at a specially organised evening in July, where he was handed the chain of office by outgoing president, Barry Scaplehorn.
Following a successful first stint as club president, Mr Cantor has returned to lead a thriving club that has 37 members, all of whom make it their duty to make a positive difference to the lives of others.
Having been installed as president, Mr Cantor expressed his thanks to the club for their confidence in him and emphasised the need for members and partners to raise much-needed cash for charities.
The club's main fundraising event this year is the variety show at Gorleston Pavilion on September 9.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in attending the evening organised by Mr Cantor can book direct with the Gorleston Pavilion by calling 01493 662832.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary