Lowestoft Rotary Club installs new president
- Credit: Archant
Well-known entertainer and local personality Kenny Cantor has become the new president of Lowestoft's Rotary Club.
Presidential duties were passed on to Mr Cantor at a specially organised evening in July, where he was handed the chain of office by outgoing president, Barry Scaplehorn.
Following a successful first stint as club president, Mr Cantor has returned to lead a thriving club that has 37 members, all of whom make it their duty to make a positive difference to the lives of others.
Having been installed as president, Mr Cantor expressed his thanks to the club for their confidence in him and emphasised the need for members and partners to raise much-needed cash for charities.
The club's main fundraising event this year is the variety show at Gorleston Pavilion on September 9.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in attending the evening organised by Mr Cantor can book direct with the Gorleston Pavilion by calling 01493 662832.
- 1 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 2 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
- 3 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged with robbery after threatening staff with toy gun
- 5 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 6 Alexa Auto stolen from car during early morning theft in Lowestoft
- 7 Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft
- 8 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 9 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 10 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft