Lowestoft royal fans camp out in Westminster to get front-row seat for wedding
ROYAL fans started have started camping outside Westminster Abbey – and a Lowestoft family have staked their claim to a front-row view of the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Among those who have set up tents in the capital are Nicole Godderham, her husband Jimmy and her sister Bernadette Smith, all from Lowestoft.
They were enjoying the dry weather in the capital yesterday (Tuesday), as they sat outside their tents on camping chairs – all ready for the pomp and pageantry on Friday.
Also setting up temporary home on the pavement was Guen Murray, 76, of Attleborough in Norfolk who arrived to take up a place outside Westminster Abbey with a bedding roll, suitcase and a large ball of wool to knit during quiet moments.
The mother-of-four and grandmother was planning to camp until Friday to ensure her place. But she said one of her daughters has booked her a hotel room as a 'contingency.' Daughters Catherine and Patricia were with her and she was due to be joined by her third daughter Barbara today along with two grandchildren.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Murray said she had camped outside Buckingham Palace for Prince Charles and Diana's wedding in 1981. She was also present for Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson's wedding and in Windsor for the wedding of Charles and Camilla.
'I grew up during the war and the royal family became very popular, I have a great deal of respect for them,' she said.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 4 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 5 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 6 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 7 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 8 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 9 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 10 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
'The wedding will be great, I think they both deserve a good day, they have waited long enough, haven't they?