Lowestoft’s Brodie Davis, 12, wins big at national gymnastics competition
- Credit: Archant
Hours of hard work and dedication have paid off for a Lowestoft youngster who won big at a national gymnastics competition.
Brodie Davis, 12, took home the bronze medal in the under-14s category of the National Finals Gymnastics Competition at Birmingham's GMAC centre last weekend.
The gymnast, who attends The Benjamin Britten Music Academy, in Blyford Road, started gymnastics eight years ago and currently trains with Waveney Gymnastics.
His father, Paul Davis, a professional boxer, said he was proud of his son's achievements.
He said: 'The strenuous training he does daily to compete at a high level of gymnastics is amazing.
You may also want to watch:
'With my boxing training I thought it was hard going but it's nothing compared to the hours he puts in the gym – three and a half hours every night.'
Along with the bronze medal Brodie also won gold as part of the east England team and secured a training week with internationally renowned coaches at Lilleshall National Sports Centre.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 6 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash