Lake Lothing third crossing scheme in the running for planning award
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft's Lake Lothing third crossing project has been shortlisted for a national planning award.
The Suffolk County Council project has been nominated in the 2018 Planning Awards' infrastructure planning category, with the winner due to announced at a ceremony in London at Savoy Place on June 6.
The awards, which are run by Planning magazine in conjunction with PlanningResource and PlacemakingResource, recognise excellence in both planning and placemaking.
The £90m bridge has been in development ever since conditional funding was granted by the Department for Transport in March 2016, and the project is continuing at pace, with completion scheduled for 2022.
Colin Noble, leader of Suffolk County Council, said: 'We know this scheme is extremely popular and will bring significant transport benefits to Lowestoft as well as opening up further opportunities for regeneration and development in the area.
You may also want to watch:
'It's great to hear the project has been shortlisted for a planning award and I wish them the best of luck.'
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 3 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 4 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 5 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 7 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 8 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 9 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 10 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs