Lowestoft's Living History set for town
BACK to the future….with a north Suffolk twist.That is the aim of a major event for Lowestoft which is set to be held in the town later this year.Entitled Lowestoft's Living History! it is set to transform the town centre on Saturday, July 11.
BACK to the future….with a north Suffolk twist.
That is the aim of a major event for Lowestoft which is set to be held in the town later this year.
Entitled Lowestoft's Living History! it is set to transform the town centre on Saturday, July 11.
And a group of youngsters are teaming up with the Lowestoft Town Management Partnership to highlight the town's heritage and historical background.
After successfully securing a Young Roots Heritage Lottery Fund award and with the support of Enterprise Lowestoft, nine youngsters have used their skills and enthusiasm to help form a steering group and are working with town centre manager Emma Jones and historians to plan and develop ideas.
The youngsters are keen to hear from people who can offer their memories of things that went on in Lowestoft, especially regarding the Fisher Girls and life around the Dockside Dandies.
- 1 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 2 Restaurant owner 'optimistic' for future after Christmas cancellations
- 3 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 4 New homes and retail unit bid for vacant former Tesco store
- 5 Holocaust memorial ceremony to be held at town's rail station
- 6 'Blight' of fly-tipping on rise in east Suffolk as council vows clampdown
- 7 Coastal wreckage scuba diving club searching for new members
- 8 Motorbike stolen during overnight theft in Lowestoft
- 9 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 'Don't suffer in silence': Support on offer as UK heads for inflation spike
'We are desperately seeking someone who could make a small Town Crier outfit to fit a young person round the age of 13,' a spokesman said.
They are also looking to borrow a couple of wooden barrels, head shawls and oilskin aprons for a re-enactment of the Fisher Girls, colourful suit materials for the Dandies and any old materials that can be used to create tailored clothes for the History of Fashion show.
Anyone who can help can call 01502 502202 or 07876 715 772.