Lowestoft's Living History set for town
BACK to the future….with a north Suffolk twist.That is the aim of a major event for Lowestoft which is set to be held in the town later this year.Entitled Lowestoft's Living History! it is set to transform the town centre on Saturday, July 11.
BACK to the future….with a north Suffolk twist.
That is the aim of a major event for Lowestoft which is set to be held in the town later this year.
Entitled Lowestoft's Living History! it is set to transform the town centre on Saturday, July 11.
And a group of youngsters are teaming up with the Lowestoft Town Management Partnership to highlight the town's heritage and historical background.
After successfully securing a Young Roots Heritage Lottery Fund award and with the support of Enterprise Lowestoft, nine youngsters have used their skills and enthusiasm to help form a steering group and are working with town centre manager Emma Jones and historians to plan and develop ideas.
The youngsters are keen to hear from people who can offer their memories of things that went on in Lowestoft, especially regarding the Fisher Girls and life around the Dockside Dandies.
- 1 Pub gets dozens of calls asking - 'Do you know there's a dog on your roof?'
- 2 Best friends take over popular café in 'just heavenly' setting
- 3 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 4 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 5 VW Golf seized and BMW driver warned over loud exhaust in Lowestoft
- 6 Banksy mural created to spark debate after town's artwork was sold
- 7 Father-of-four gets driving ban after night out in resort
- 8 'A first for Lowestoft': Joy as new outdoor fitness equipment unveiled
- 9 Who put them up there? The mystery of the Lowestoft scarecrows
- 10 WATCH: Three people and two dogs rescued from car fire
'We are desperately seeking someone who could make a small Town Crier outfit to fit a young person round the age of 13,' a spokesman said.
They are also looking to borrow a couple of wooden barrels, head shawls and oilskin aprons for a re-enactment of the Fisher Girls, colourful suit materials for the Dandies and any old materials that can be used to create tailored clothes for the History of Fashion show.
Anyone who can help can call 01502 502202 or 07876 715 772.