Lowestoft's Living History set for town
BACK to the future….with a north Suffolk twist.That is the aim of a major event for Lowestoft which is set to be held in the town later this year.Entitled Lowestoft's Living History! it is set to transform the town centre on Saturday, July 11.
BACK to the future….with a north Suffolk twist.
That is the aim of a major event for Lowestoft which is set to be held in the town later this year.
Entitled Lowestoft's Living History! it is set to transform the town centre on Saturday, July 11.
And a group of youngsters are teaming up with the Lowestoft Town Management Partnership to highlight the town's heritage and historical background.
You may also want to watch:
After successfully securing a Young Roots Heritage Lottery Fund award and with the support of Enterprise Lowestoft, nine youngsters have used their skills and enthusiasm to help form a steering group and are working with town centre manager Emma Jones and historians to plan and develop ideas.
The youngsters are keen to hear from people who can offer their memories of things that went on in Lowestoft, especially regarding the Fisher Girls and life around the Dockside Dandies.
- 1 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 2 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 3 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 4 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 5 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 6 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 7 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 8 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 9 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 10 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
'We are desperately seeking someone who could make a small Town Crier outfit to fit a young person round the age of 13,' a spokesman said.
They are also looking to borrow a couple of wooden barrels, head shawls and oilskin aprons for a re-enactment of the Fisher Girls, colourful suit materials for the Dandies and any old materials that can be used to create tailored clothes for the History of Fashion show.
Anyone who can help can call 01502 502202 or 07876 715 772.