Lowestoft's Living History set for town
BACK to the future….with a north Suffolk twist.That is the aim of a major event for Lowestoft which is set to be held in the town later this year.Entitled Lowestoft's Living History! it is set to transform the town centre on Saturday, July 11.
BACK to the future….with a north Suffolk twist.
That is the aim of a major event for Lowestoft which is set to be held in the town later this year.
Entitled Lowestoft's Living History! it is set to transform the town centre on Saturday, July 11.
And a group of youngsters are teaming up with the Lowestoft Town Management Partnership to highlight the town's heritage and historical background.
You may also want to watch:
After successfully securing a Young Roots Heritage Lottery Fund award and with the support of Enterprise Lowestoft, nine youngsters have used their skills and enthusiasm to help form a steering group and are working with town centre manager Emma Jones and historians to plan and develop ideas.
The youngsters are keen to hear from people who can offer their memories of things that went on in Lowestoft, especially regarding the Fisher Girls and life around the Dockside Dandies.
- 1 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 4 Woman suffering flashbacks and seizures after unprovoked attack
- 5 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings
- 6 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns
- 7 Lowestoft 'bold modern' beach huts decision pushed back
- 8 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 9 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 10 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
'We are desperately seeking someone who could make a small Town Crier outfit to fit a young person round the age of 13,' a spokesman said.
They are also looking to borrow a couple of wooden barrels, head shawls and oilskin aprons for a re-enactment of the Fisher Girls, colourful suit materials for the Dandies and any old materials that can be used to create tailored clothes for the History of Fashion show.
Anyone who can help can call 01502 502202 or 07876 715 772.