Lowestoft's Reece reaches Disney final
A LOWESTOFT youngster was all smiles today after reaching the final four of a prestigious national talent competition.Singing sensation Reece Cook is preparing to fight all the way to the bright lights of Disney stardom after the 11-year-old beat more than 1,000 young hopefuls across the country to reach the final of the Disney Channel's new talent programme My Camp Rock.
A LOWESTOFT youngster was all smiles today after reaching the final four of a prestigious national talent competition.
Singing sensation Reece Cook is preparing to fight all the way to the bright lights of Disney stardom after the 11-year-old beat more than 1,000 young hopefuls across the country to reach the final of the Disney Channel's new talent programme My Camp Rock.
The show, which launched on April 3, is based on the smash-hit teen movie Camp Rock and has seen budding music stars from across the UK battle it out to win the chance to release their own version of a track from the popular film.
And last night, the culmination of three weeks became reality for viewers as they discovered that the Gisleham Middle School pupil had made it through to be one of the programme's final four contestants.
You may also want to watch:
He will now compete in a special final show this Friday (April 24) and fans will be able to vote for their favourite act ahead of the winner being announced next Saturday (April 25).
After being selected for an intensive four day training course with choreographer Gary Lloyd and vocal coach Zoe Tyler to hone his skills, which viewers had been eagerly watching in recent weeks, the four finalists were selected by the two coaches and RnB star Craig David last night.
- 1 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 2 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 3 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 4 Repair works to be carried out along Lowestoft north Denes
- 5 Hunt continues for Mercedes driver who crashed into homes in Lowestoft
- 6 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 7 Trio 'released under investigation' following arrests outside petrol station
- 8 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 9 How visiting restrictions are easing at Norfolk's hospitals
- 10 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
And a delighted Reece said: 'I've had the best time on My Camp Rock. I love to sing and perform and the Jonas Brothers are my idols. Hopefully now I'll have the chance to get a little closer to my dream career of performing, which I've wanted to do for as long as I can remember.'
He said that he only discovered his talent two years ago when he was asked to sing in a show while on holiday in Tenerife. Since then he has joined the school choir and the Cantor Theatre School in Lowestoft, where he performs regularly and even helps to teach the younger members how to sing.
This Monday (April 20) Reece will be at the Disney Store in The Mall, Norwich, from 8am to 8.45am to sign autographs and meet fans who have been supporting his progress on the show.
You can watch Reece perform in the final of My Camp Rock on the Disney Channel at 5.35pm next Friday. The winner will be announced in the results show next Saturday at 10.30am.