Lowestoft school blaze confirmed as external fire
- Credit: Mick Howes
The fire on the roof of a Lowestoft school did not enter the building or cause any damage.
Poplars School in St Margarets Road was ablaze and led to many concerned residents posting photo updates on social media as the fire developed, which is believed to have first started around 7pm on Sunday night.
Lynsey Holzer, CEO of Evolution Academy Trust which looks after Poplars School, confirmed the fire was external and had not entered the building.
"It was an external fire, but the fire department are still looking into the cause.
"Fortunately, by the time they attended, the fire had burnt itself out."
You may also want to watch:
No school property was damaged and the school was open as normal this morning.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 3 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 4 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 5 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 6 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 7 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 8 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed