Lowestoft school has come alive thanks to new mural
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
The playground walls have really 'come alive' at a school in Lowestoft, thanks to a mural painted by a popular artist.
The Warren School, in Clarkes Lane, recently invited David Nash to come into the school to paint well-known characters from the children's film Madagascar in memory of two members of staff Chris Sadd and Becky Love, who both passed away from cancer.
Around £1,000 was raised in their honour, which funded the mural.
Kathy Annan, teaching assistant at the school, said: 'The detailed and colourful mural is a lasting tribute to Chris and Becky.
'I contacted David and he came across and took on the project.
You may also want to watch:
'The walls were bare before this and now it is wonderful.
'The wall has comes to life it is absolutely incredible and David really enjoyed working on the project.'
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
Mr Nash took three days to paint the mural working from 8am until 6pm each day. His first interest in graffiti artists stemmed from his hometown of Harlow in Essex in 1985.
Mr Nash described how he 'was an eager young graffiti writer mainly painting letters and words' but seeing the artists create characters to go with their letters inspired him to develop his own 'hyper-real style of spray can art'.
The school would like to place on record their thanks to Jewson Ltd for painting the walls before the mural could be designed.
Do you know someone who has helped others in Lowestoft? Email firstname.lastname@example.org