Popular charity to hold special event
- Credit: Archant
A popular charity, which has provided a vital service to the Lowestoft community, will hold a celebratory event this week.
Marking 21 years of Lowestoft Shopmobility, the charity will celebrate with its annual meeting this Thursday, June 14.
As well as the AGM, a 21st birthday party will also be held, along with a cheque presentation, from 2pm at Riverside in Lowestoft.
Shopmobility has been a prominent feature of life in Lowestoft by providing mobility scooters or electric wheelchairs to residents and visitors from its base at Station Square.
The charity aims to give people the freedom and independence to enjoy activities, which able-bodied people take for granted. The charity hires equipment to people across Waveney as well as those who are visiting or on holiday.
You may also want to watch:
Margaret Oldham, chairman of Lowestoft Shopmobility, said: 'We know the scheme has made a lot of difference to a lot of people's lives, and it continues to do so. Many visitors tell us that the service is wonderful and that they would not be able to take a holiday in Lowestoft or Southwold without our service.'
If you would like to become a member of Lowestoft Shopmobility, become a trustee of the service or to attend the 21st birthday party call Eddie on 01502 588857 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 2 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 3 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 4 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 7 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 8 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street