Popular charity to hold special event
- Credit: Archant
A popular charity, which has provided a vital service to the Lowestoft community, will hold a celebratory event this week.
Marking 21 years of Lowestoft Shopmobility, the charity will celebrate with its annual meeting this Thursday, June 14.
As well as the AGM, a 21st birthday party will also be held, along with a cheque presentation, from 2pm at Riverside in Lowestoft.
Shopmobility has been a prominent feature of life in Lowestoft by providing mobility scooters or electric wheelchairs to residents and visitors from its base at Station Square.
The charity aims to give people the freedom and independence to enjoy activities, which able-bodied people take for granted. The charity hires equipment to people across Waveney as well as those who are visiting or on holiday.
You may also want to watch:
Margaret Oldham, chairman of Lowestoft Shopmobility, said: 'We know the scheme has made a lot of difference to a lot of people's lives, and it continues to do so. Many visitors tell us that the service is wonderful and that they would not be able to take a holiday in Lowestoft or Southwold without our service.'
If you would like to become a member of Lowestoft Shopmobility, become a trustee of the service or to attend the 21st birthday party call Eddie on 01502 588857 or email email@example.com
- 1 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 2 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 3 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 4 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 5 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 6 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Snow falls in Suffolk and north Essex
- 9 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 10 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl