Lowestoft Shopmobility marks another special milestone
- Credit: Archant
A popular charity, which provides a vital service to the Lowestoft community, is celebrating once more.
Two months ago a special milestone was marked as 20 years of Lowestoft Shopmobility was celebrated.
Shopmobility has been a prominent feature of life in Lowestoft by providing mobility scooters or electric wheelchairs to residents and visitors from its base at Station Square.
And as the charity continues to keep people with mobility problems mobile, they achieved their 20,000 hire last week.
A spokesman for Lowestoft Shopmobility said: 'So many people benefit from this service every year, both local people and people who visit the area for holidays. Using a scooter or wheelchair enables people who would normally struggle to walk the distance due to a disability or a health problem enjoy the shops or the sea air.'
You may also want to watch:
If you wish to try out a scooter or an electric wheelchair or become a member, it is just £10 for an annual membership fee and £3 each time you want to borrow a pavement vehicle for the day.
Visit the shop at 15 Station Square, Lowestoft on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 9.30am to 4pm, call 01502 588857 or email email@example.com
- 1 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 9 Man hit with club and struck with knife in Lowestoft assault
- 10 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries