Lowestoft Shopmobility marks another special milestone
- Credit: Archant
A popular charity, which provides a vital service to the Lowestoft community, is celebrating once more.
Two months ago a special milestone was marked as 20 years of Lowestoft Shopmobility was celebrated.
Shopmobility has been a prominent feature of life in Lowestoft by providing mobility scooters or electric wheelchairs to residents and visitors from its base at Station Square.
And as the charity continues to keep people with mobility problems mobile, they achieved their 20,000 hire last week.
A spokesman for Lowestoft Shopmobility said: 'So many people benefit from this service every year, both local people and people who visit the area for holidays. Using a scooter or wheelchair enables people who would normally struggle to walk the distance due to a disability or a health problem enjoy the shops or the sea air.'
You may also want to watch:
If you wish to try out a scooter or an electric wheelchair or become a member, it is just £10 for an annual membership fee and £3 each time you want to borrow a pavement vehicle for the day.
Visit the shop at 15 Station Square, Lowestoft on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 9.30am to 4pm, call 01502 588857 or email email@example.com
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight