Lowestoft Sixth Form students commended for hard work and accomplishments at awards evening
PUBLISHED: 15:25 19 December 2017 | UPDATED: 13:17 20 December 2017
A year of outstanding achievements, effort and potential were celebrated at a college's annual awards ceremony.
Over 200 students and their families, former students and staff members gathered in the atrium at Lowestoft Sixth Form College, where they heard testimonials of excellence and hard work in a year that saw the A-level pass rate hit 100pc.
The guest speaker at the event on Wednesday December 13 was Emma Jeffs, a former sixth form student who is in her first year of studying dance at the Master Performing Arts college in London. Having achieved a double distinction star in Lowestoft, she reflected on her time as a sixth form student.
Gongs were presented by principal Yolanda Botham, vice principal David Gartland, the teachers for each subject, and guests including the deputy mayor of Lowestoft Peter Knight and a number of sponsors.
Audience members were also treated to live music from current students Emily George, Eryn Burgess and Emma Clayton, as well as from talented singer and former student Lily Ayers.
Mr Gartland said: “We enjoyed a fantastic evening celebrating the outstanding achievements of our students.
“The academic achievements, artistic and creative skills and the determination of our students were all acknowledged during the evening.
“We are really proud of each and every one of them and they all did exceptionally well during their time with us.”
The full list of award winners are as follows:
• Award for English: Chloe Burden
• Award for Mathematics: Joel Pointon
• Award for Science: Harry and Jack Adams
• Award for Creative Media & Performing Arts: Danielle Willgress
• Award for Visual Arts: Kay Bonning-Schmitt
• Award for Social Science: Tom Waterhouse
• Award for Sport: Tom Davies
• Award for Technology: Ben Haylett
• Award for Business: Charlotte Le Grice
• Progress Award: Brooke Osborne
• Community Award: Adam Barnard
• Award for Professionalism: Katie Landles
• Endeavour Award: Chris Williamson
• Principal’s Award: Rhys Furlow
Lowestoft Sixth Form College would like to thank the student musicians, photographers and ambassadors who offered their support during the evening.
Thanks also go to Hi-Tech for providing balloons for the evening, which were subsequently donated to Warren School for their Christmas Party.