College performance sees students dazzle with dance, drama and music
- Credit: Archant
Budding performers had their time to shine at a sixth form's annual extravaganza.
Lowestoft Sixth Form College (L6FC) staged its two-night Performance Showcase on March 21 and 22, treating audiences to a feast of dance, drama and musical theatre.
The college's performing arts students were joined on stage by pupils from Beccles Free School, Ormiston Denes Academy and Clockwork Dance Company.
A highlight of the event included renditions of 'Masquerade' and 'Think Of Me' from The Phantom of the Opera, while Beccles students added some impressive dance performances to the mix, including solos from Maisie Pollard and Holly Wilson.
Pupils Laura Bettinson, Maiya Swan and Sophie Burch, from Ormiston Denes, demonstrated their talent with solos of their own.
You may also want to watch:
L6FC students Chloe Jane Smith and Benjamin Head also shone throughout with monologues, solo songs and dances, while they were also part of the bigger musical theatre numbers which showcased students' versatility and talent.
- 1 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 2 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 3 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 4 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 5 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 6 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 7 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted