Sponsored beach clean to celebrate special anniversary and boost RNLI
- Credit: Archant
A company that supplies equipment and personnel to the oil, gas, petrochemical and renewables industries is holding a sponsored beach clean to celebrate 10 years of successful operations.
Oceanscan Limited, based at the OrbisEnergy Centre in Wilde Street, Lowestoft has teamed up with the Kirkley People's Forum to carry out a sponsored clean of the south beach - and they have decided to raise funds for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) in the process.
The Local Conversation in Kirkley initiative, run by Kirkley People's Forum, is a People's Health Trust project to support residents to take local action on issues that matter to them to improve their community.
Sarah Chapman Personnel Operations Manager said "Starting at 11am on Sunday, May 19 we will be meeting at the Kirkley Centre in London Road South, Lowestoft and make our way along the beach and promenade to the RNLI Lifeboat station.
"It is part of our 10th birthday anniversary celebrations.
You may also want to watch:
"We have managed to raise significant sums for charity in the past and are really keen to do this again."
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 7 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 8 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country