Street market brings flavours from around the world to town
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft is alive with the tastes, smells and sensations of cuisine from across the globe after a popular street market set up shop.
The Continental Street Market kicked-off today (Thursday, August 2) and will run until Sunday.
London Road North has been packed full with stalls selling food, crafts and refreshments from around the world.
The market, which is run by RR Events, visits locations all over the world.
An RR spokesman said: 'It's been great, a lot of people around - Lowestoft is a nice place.'
You may also want to watch:
Martin, who manages The Chocolate Box stall praised the atmosphere of the market.
He said: 'The weather is bringing plenty of people down, sales are going steady.'
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
Those enjoying the sunny weather and world-trotting snacks were also treated to the wonderful sounds of Norwich busker Nigel Ashcroft.
Mr Ashcroft, who performs across the region, said: It's lovely to be a part of something like this.'