Street market brings flavours from around the world to town
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft is alive with the tastes, smells and sensations of cuisine from across the globe after a popular street market set up shop.
The Continental Street Market kicked-off today (Thursday, August 2) and will run until Sunday.
London Road North has been packed full with stalls selling food, crafts and refreshments from around the world.
The market, which is run by RR Events, visits locations all over the world.
An RR spokesman said: 'It's been great, a lot of people around - Lowestoft is a nice place.'
You may also want to watch:
Martin, who manages The Chocolate Box stall praised the atmosphere of the market.
He said: 'The weather is bringing plenty of people down, sales are going steady.'
- 1 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 2 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 3 New restaurant offering 'finest Asian cuisine' opens in Lowestoft
- 4 School sites targeted as vandals cause damage across Lowestoft
- 5 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 6 Bomb disposal unit detonate device found on beach
- 7 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 8 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 9 National recognition as care home 'heroes' are honoured
- 10 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
Those enjoying the sunny weather and world-trotting snacks were also treated to the wonderful sounds of Norwich busker Nigel Ashcroft.
Mr Ashcroft, who performs across the region, said: It's lovely to be a part of something like this.'