Lowestoft student shortlisted unveiled
TODAY we unveil the 20 shortlisted candidates for the Student Achiever of the Year as part of Lowestoft College's awards.The eighth annual Celebration of Achievement Awards, sponsored by The Journal, takes place at the Hotel Victoria, on Kirkley Cliff, on Tuesday, June 23.
TODAY we unveil the 20 shortlisted candidates for the Student Achiever of the Year as part of Lowestoft College's awards.
The eighth annual Celebration of Achievement Awards, sponsored by The Journal, takes place at the Hotel Victoria, on Kirkley Cliff, on Tuesday, June 23.
Former Lowestoft College student and Masterchef finalist Chris Gates will be presenting the top award to this year's recipient, as well as handing out the certificates during the ceremony.
He will also receive the Alumnus Award, which is given to students who have gone on to achieve great things.
You may also want to watch:
The evening is designed to show the dedication and hard work given by students at the college over the past year.
The shortlisted candidates for Student Achiever of the Year are: Anthony Ablett, electrotechnical installation level three evening; Gary Batchelor, point 1 learning numeracy, literacy and ECDL; Terry Bowerman, access to social work and social care professions; Lucy Chalmers-Wilkes, business administration three; Danielle Dallas, childcare learning and development NVQ two; Paul Dickerson, towards independence; Francesca Durrant, BTEC BND CCLD level three; Sam Godbold, motor vehicle certificate level one; Issac Heffernan, catering level one; Mamadu Jalo, working in travel level three, year two; Alison Little, foundation for work; Karen Mallett, holistic therapies; Laura Morgan, working in travel level three, year two; Tom Pattison, preparing for employment, The Yard; Kelly Romeo, childcare learning and development NVQ two; Oliver Smith, electrotechnical installation level two; Martin Sussams, GCSE English, maths and biology; Susan Tyler, access to art and design; Matthew Upton, working in travel; and Ellen Winser, uniformed services year one.
- 1 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 4 Vandals rip off car wing mirrors in Lowestoft street
- 5 Fourth place for Giarnni and GB quartet in team gymnastics Olympic final
- 6 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 7 People stranded on sandspit spark emergency response
- 8 Vacancy on town council after resignation
- 9 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 10 Mountain bike stolen from outside gym on retail park
For more details on each nominee, see today's Journal.