Students star in Danny Boyle and Richard Curtis film as Lily James visits academy
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft high school has hit the spotlight – with some of its students being given the unique chance of starring in a new film by renowned movie-makers Danny Boyle and Richard Curtis.
Ormiston Denes Academy was selected to be one of the settings for the film, which is based around the Beatles.
Fifty students at the academy in Yarmouth Road were cast as extras for the movie, which is said to star Ed Sheeran and has been filmed in Gorleston, Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft.
The students also received an acting masterclass session from Mr Boyle, whose films include Trainspotting and Slumdog Millionaire.
Lead actor Lily James also visited the academy to help get into character for the role as she observed lessons and met teachers.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the students who are set to feature in the film have been invited to attend the movie premiere in Leicester Square when it is released in September 2019.
Hannah Morris, Head of Performing Arts at Ormiston Denes Academy, said: 'We are delighted that Ormiston Denes Academy was selected as the feature school for this exciting film, and it has been such a fantastic experience for our students and the wider school community.
- 1 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 2 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 3 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 4 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 Care home tenant takes on walking challenge after cancer battle
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
'Both students and staff have been hugely excited and inspired by the opportunity to see the work of two of the greats of British cinema close at hand and have really embraced every opportunity given to them.
'We are all really excited to see the film and of course to see the academy playing a starring role.'