Students star in Danny Boyle and Richard Curtis film as Lily James visits academy
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft high school has hit the spotlight – with some of its students being given the unique chance of starring in a new film by renowned movie-makers Danny Boyle and Richard Curtis.
Ormiston Denes Academy was selected to be one of the settings for the film, which is based around the Beatles.
Fifty students at the academy in Yarmouth Road were cast as extras for the movie, which is said to star Ed Sheeran and has been filmed in Gorleston, Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft.
The students also received an acting masterclass session from Mr Boyle, whose films include Trainspotting and Slumdog Millionaire.
Lead actor Lily James also visited the academy to help get into character for the role as she observed lessons and met teachers.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the students who are set to feature in the film have been invited to attend the movie premiere in Leicester Square when it is released in September 2019.
Hannah Morris, Head of Performing Arts at Ormiston Denes Academy, said: 'We are delighted that Ormiston Denes Academy was selected as the feature school for this exciting film, and it has been such a fantastic experience for our students and the wider school community.
- 1 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 2 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 3 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 7 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 8 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 9 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 10 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
'Both students and staff have been hugely excited and inspired by the opportunity to see the work of two of the greats of British cinema close at hand and have really embraced every opportunity given to them.
'We are all really excited to see the film and of course to see the academy playing a starring role.'