Free James Bond concert to be highlight of Summer Festival
- Credit: Archant
A group of the UK's leading musicians will present iconic music from James Bond films as a special free concert is showcased.
The James Bond Spectacular will be performed in Lowestoft in July as part of the town's annual Summer Festival.
Songs from the 007 movies will echo out as an open-air evening concert takes centre stage on the Royal Green. The Bond themes will be performed by top musicians from leading orchestras alongside the stunning vocals of Kerry Schultz.
Mark Lanham, Summer Festival chairman, said: 'We will have a big stage set up for the weekend on which the finals of Lowestoft's Got Talent will take place and on which all the other acts will perform – but the highlight will be the James Bond Concert on Saturday evening.
'Whether you're a James Bond fanatic or just a concert fan, this show has something for everyone, outstanding songs, talented musicians, powerful vocals and top entertainment. We are encouraging people to bring along all they need to enjoy the evening although there will be a beer tent, gin bar and food outlet there.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Lanham added: 'There will be plenty to see and do on Royal Green all weekend with market and craft stalls, a museum marquee, voluntary sector and community groups, sports demonstrations, a children's zone as well as the stage entertainment.
'On the Saturday this will include a performance by a local theatre group, dancers and singers, while on Sunday choirs, drama groups, theatre schools and the Norwich Samba band will perform.'
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Lowestoft man's role in some of the biggest live events of 2021
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 5 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 6 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 Town centre business owner's pledge amid latest lockdown closure
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 Nail gun and drill among tools stolen in theft from VW van
The Summer Festival weekend is on July 21-22 and also includes an International food fair on the seafront promenade and in Kirkley village, from 10am to 5pm on both days, with an assortment of street food from around the world.
On the sands south of Claremont Pier, a sandcastle building record attempt will take place on July 21 at 6pm – trying to beat 1,574 sandcastles built in an hour. A sandcastle design competition then takes place on Sunday morning.
There is still space for stallholders who may wish to take part. Find out more at www.lowestoftrising.co.uk/summer-festival