Lowestoft Summer Festival to kick off next week with activities for schools and workplaces
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Lowestoft's first ever Summer Festival kicks off next week, with events for schools and workplaces before the main weekend events.
The Team GB handball team will make an appearance at the inaugural event, which has been organised by a number of groups including Lowestoft Lions, Lowestoft Rising, Lowestoft Vision business improvement district (BID) and the town's Rotary clubs.
Young people will take part in a schools activities day on Thursday (July 16).
It will then be the turn of employees to show their sporting sides at the workplace activities on the seafront between 4.30pm and 7.30pm the following day.
The handball team will be the town for the sports on the Royal Green on Saturday, when the majority of events open to the public.
You may also want to watch:
Also expected to draw in the crowds are the world-renowned Street Velodrome, the Women on Wheels cycle ride and a sandcastle competition.
Peoplewill also be able to take part in Parade on the Prom on the Sunday, while Africa Alive! in Kessingland will stage a charity fun run due to take place on the Friday evening.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 8 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
Danny Steel, chairman of Lowestoft Vision and a Rotary member, said the greatest thing about the event was its 'sense of community spirit'.
He added: 'This is the first time these organisations have come together.
'The real thing it's showing people is that Lowestoft can come together for the good of the town.'
Are you going to this year's Summer Festival? Send your reviews and photos to email@example.com