Lowestoft supermarket's expansion plans
Hayley MaceOne of Lowestoft's biggest supermarkets could have more retail floor space if plans for alterations at the Asda store are approved next week.Hayley Mace
One of Lowestoft's biggest super-markets could have more retail floor space if plans for alterations at the Asda store are approved next week.
Plans for a mezzanine floor within the existing supermarket, on Horn Hill, are recommended for approval by Waveney District Council's development control committee when it meets on November 18.
The extra floor space will allow for aisles to be widened and for the ranges of food and clothes on offer to be increased.
A second set of plans for an eight-pump petrol station in the Asda car park are also recommended for backing by the committee.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 9 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 10 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021