Teenager locked up for raping 15-year-old girl
- Credit: Archant
A teenager who raped a schoolgirl after tying her up has been jailed for eight years.
Jason Bailey, of Kirkley Cliff Road, Lowestoft, had denied raping and assaulting the 15-year-old girl on September 9 last year.
Following a trial, he was unanimously convicted by a jury at Ipswich Crown Court on January 14.
Sentencing Bailey on Friday morning (March 29), judge David Goodin described him as 'dangerous' and sentenced him to eight years detention in a young offenders' institution, as well as imposing an extended licence period of two years.
Bailey, 18, was also made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order and ordered to sign the sex offenders' register indefinitely.
Giving evidence during the trial, Bailey claimed he had consensual sex with the girl.
You may also want to watch:
He said they had been play fighting and she had touched his leg. He denied subsequently tying her up or holding a knife to her neck.
The court heard the victim had originally gone to the bedsit expecting to see a girl she had met on Facebook.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 7 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 8 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school