Lowestoft teenager dies in collision in west Norfolk
A LOWESTOFT teenager has died in a crash in west Norfolk.
The teenager, who has not been named by police, suffered fatal injuries in the head-on collision which happened just before 10.15pm on Saturday, on the A17 at Clenchwarton near King's Lynn.
A man in his early 20s from Lowestoft was also badly injured in the crash.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: 'At approximately 10.14pm on Saturday, a blue Renault Clio was travelling towards Sutton Bridge, when, about half a mile west of the Pullover roundabout, it was in collision with a red Peugeot 406 heading in the opposite direction.
'The driver of the Clio, a man in his early 20s from the Lowestoft area, received multiple injuries as a result of the incident and is currently in a stable condition in Addenbrookes Hospital. His front seat passenger, a man in his late teens and also from the Lowestoft area, sadly died as a result of the collision.
You may also want to watch:
The inquiry into the crash is being led by Norfolk police's Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT).
•Anyone with information on the collision should contact PC Richard Peck, on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 People stranded on sandspit spark emergency response
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 7 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 8 Vacancy on town council after resignation
- 9 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 10 Vandals rip off car wing mirrors in Lowestoft street