Lowestoft teenager dies in collision in west Norfolk
A LOWESTOFT teenager has died in a crash in west Norfolk.
The teenager, who has not been named by police, suffered fatal injuries in the head-on collision which happened just before 10.15pm on Saturday, on the A17 at Clenchwarton near King's Lynn.
A man in his early 20s from Lowestoft was also badly injured in the crash.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: 'At approximately 10.14pm on Saturday, a blue Renault Clio was travelling towards Sutton Bridge, when, about half a mile west of the Pullover roundabout, it was in collision with a red Peugeot 406 heading in the opposite direction.
'The driver of the Clio, a man in his early 20s from the Lowestoft area, received multiple injuries as a result of the incident and is currently in a stable condition in Addenbrookes Hospital. His front seat passenger, a man in his late teens and also from the Lowestoft area, sadly died as a result of the collision.
You may also want to watch:
The inquiry into the crash is being led by Norfolk police's Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT).
•Anyone with information on the collision should contact PC Richard Peck, on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre