Lowestoft teenager secures a hat trick with stunning holiday snap
- Credit: Archant
An idyllic landscape has proved to be picture perfect for one keen amateur photographer.
This stunning shot was captured by Shay Jordan during a holiday to Bangkok in Thailand – and it has secured the talented teenager a third win in our popular Picture of the Week competition.
The delighted Benjamin Britten High School student said: 'This picture was taken on my trip to Bangkok last April, during the Thai festival of Songkran, and I visited Lumpini Park to see the Thai people practising Tai Chi there.
'Being a keen martial artist, and a second degree black belt in Kuk Sool Won, I was looking forward to seeing this. However, we didn't see any Tai Chi when we were there because the park had been taken over by peaceful anti-government protesters, who can be seen very faintly below the trees in the photo.'
As our winner, Shay receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, he is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130. Entries can be of any subject, but they must be by amateur photographers and we prefer digital images. We also accept prints but we can't guarantee their return. Email your pictures to: email@example.com
- 1 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 2 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 5 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014