Lowestoft teenager secures a hat trick with stunning holiday snap
- Credit: Archant
An idyllic landscape has proved to be picture perfect for one keen amateur photographer.
This stunning shot was captured by Shay Jordan during a holiday to Bangkok in Thailand – and it has secured the talented teenager a third win in our popular Picture of the Week competition.
The delighted Benjamin Britten High School student said: 'This picture was taken on my trip to Bangkok last April, during the Thai festival of Songkran, and I visited Lumpini Park to see the Thai people practising Tai Chi there.
'Being a keen martial artist, and a second degree black belt in Kuk Sool Won, I was looking forward to seeing this. However, we didn't see any Tai Chi when we were there because the park had been taken over by peaceful anti-government protesters, who can be seen very faintly below the trees in the photo.'
As our winner, Shay receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo, worth more than £60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
By progressing to our next six-monthly winners' final, he is also in with a shout of winning the top prize – a 12in x 18in photo block, worth £130. Entries can be of any subject, but they must be by amateur photographers and we prefer digital images. We also accept prints but we can't guarantee their return. Email your pictures to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted