Annual tennis championships set to serve up a treat
- Credit: Archant
A popular tournament will serve up a treat as the annual Lowestoft League tennis championships return.
The 70th year of the Lowestoft League tennis championships start from 11am this Saturday, hosted by Lowestoft Town Tennis Club on their home courts at the Denes Oval.
Play continues on Sunday and in the evenings from 5.45pm until dusk, to ensure all 13 events – from the prestigious open events to the restricted events for division two and below players and the veterans events – are all completed in time for finals day on Saturday, July 21 starting at 2pm.
Players from clubs across Lowestoft, Beccles, Southwold and Gorleston are taking part, with the tournament referee Alan Reeve, the League chairman and his committee expecting some exciting play and matches from those who have entered.
Lowestoft Town tennis committee, led by Sally Lambert, will be providing refreshments each day and on finals day will be providing cream teas, cakes and strawberries.
You may also want to watch:
All spectators are welcome to attend, particularly past members of the Lowestoft Tennis League.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 3 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 4 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 5 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 8 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment