Lowestoft theatre group The Next Stagers shine with mini-stage box creations
- Credit: Archant
A theatre group for the over 50s in Lowestoft has made themed mini-stage boxes as part of their weekly sessions.
The Next Stagers meet every Wednesday from 10.30am to noon at the Marina Theatre.
Over recent weeks the group has worked with artist Genevieve Rudd to create the model boxes using recycled materials, fabric and pipe cleaners.
The boxes represent a range of theatre performances, including The Wizard of Oz, Phantom of the Opera and even a ballet stage with water fountain.
Eileen Welham designed a South Pacific-themed creation with two colleagues. She said: 'I loved every single minute of it. It was fun doing it as we all went back to our childhood – we are really proud of what we have created.'
You may also want to watch:
Since launching in January, the group has worked with numerous professional local artists and practitioners, exploring a range of subjects.
For more details about the Next Stagers, call Will Isgrove on 01502 533231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 5 Fire crew called after child gets stuck in room with faulty latch
- 6 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 7 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 8 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message
- 9 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 10 Emotions high as Lowestoft evacuees meet for first time in two years