Lowestoft theatre group The Next Stagers shine with mini-stage box creations
- Credit: Archant
A theatre group for the over 50s in Lowestoft has made themed mini-stage boxes as part of their weekly sessions.
The Next Stagers meet every Wednesday from 10.30am to noon at the Marina Theatre.
Over recent weeks the group has worked with artist Genevieve Rudd to create the model boxes using recycled materials, fabric and pipe cleaners.
The boxes represent a range of theatre performances, including The Wizard of Oz, Phantom of the Opera and even a ballet stage with water fountain.
Eileen Welham designed a South Pacific-themed creation with two colleagues. She said: 'I loved every single minute of it. It was fun doing it as we all went back to our childhood – we are really proud of what we have created.'
You may also want to watch:
Since launching in January, the group has worked with numerous professional local artists and practitioners, exploring a range of subjects.
For more details about the Next Stagers, call Will Isgrove on 01502 533231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary