Lowestoft theatre is turned into Hogwarts
- Credit: Archant
Budding witches and wizards visited a popular theatre to cast some seasonal spells.
Children dressed to impress as they joined their favourite Hogwarts witches and wizards in an interactive stage show, which was held live at the Seagull Theatre in Pakefield.
Halloween at Hogwarts took place over three performances on Friday, October 30 – with almost 90 children and about 60 adults turning out.
A spokesman for children's entertainment company Just Kids Parties East Anglia, which organised the show, said: 'We specialise in children's entertainment including princess parties, superhero parties, mascots and discos.
'We also work with theatres and schools to provide high-quality children's theatre experiences.'
You may also want to watch:
The interactive show encouraged children aged between five and 12 to get involved, so they felt like they were at Hogwarts.
It gave the youngsters the chance to pose with their favourite Hogwarts characters, while playing games and solving riddles.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 7 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
The intrepid witches and wizards were invited onto the stage to try on the sorting hat and find out which house they were in, while learning how to fly a broom, casting spells and taking part in the ancient art of egg passing.
One family said that it was an 'absolutely fantastic' experience, and their children 'were totally captivated' by the show.
The company spokesman added: 'Our next show – The Jolly Christmas Postman – is on at The Seagull on December 15, December 16 and December 21, with performances at 10.30am and 1.30pm each day.
'The show has been created with toddlers and young children – along with their parents and grandparents – in mind. Audiences can expect to see lots of their favourite characters and bundles of Christmas cheer!'
Tickets are available from the Seagull on 01502 589726 or via www.theseagull.co.uk
'This December we are also offering visits from Father Christmas.
'What better way to celebrate Christmas than with a home visit from Santa himself,' the spokesman added.
? For more information of upcoming children's events and parties go to www.facebook.com/justkidspartieseastanglia
? Have you got a Lowestoft story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org