Public transport still in chaos due to Beast from the East
- Credit: Archant
Public transport in Lowestoft is suffering another day of severe disruption.
All trains scheduled to arrive and depart Lowestoft and Oulton Broad North have been cancelled because of the snow.
Greater Anglia said they will try to re-introduce services as soon as possible, but that the lines will remain closed throughout the morning.
This is due to access issues with signal boxes and an inability to deal with problems on the line because of the poor road conditions in rural areas.
They are advising customers to continue to check their website before travelling to the station, or ring their 24 hours a day customer service line on 0345 600 7245.
You may also want to watch:
Bus services in the town are less affected than on Wednesday, with First Buses stating that stating that all services are operating, but only via main roads.
However, buses are not serving Norwich, Hales, North Cove, Loddon or Thurton.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 6 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 7 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 8 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 9 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 10 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
There is a limited X2/X21/X22 service due to problems on the A146 and the X1 service is running with severe delays and a reduced service due to difficult conditions on the A47 between Hopton and Gorleston.
Updates will be posted on the @FirstYar_Low Twitter, or customers can call 0345 602 0121.