Lowestoft Twinning Association
After the August break the committee of the Lowestoft and Plaisir Twinning Association met in September and in particular the members addressed a programme for the visit of the French families to Lowestoft from July 9 to 14 2010.
After the August break the committee of the Lowestoft and Plaisir Twinning Association met in September and in particular the members addressed a programme for the visit of the French families to Lowestoft from July 9 to 14 2010. For the French families along with their Lowestoft hosts there may possibly be visits to Snape Maltings with a tour of the concert hall, full day trip to either Cambridge or Norwich, Bury St Edmunds and West Stowe, and a visit to Oxburgh Hall or Felbrigg Hall. The highlight of these exchanges is always the time that the French and English spend together as families.
The Association welcomes very much families here getting involved particularly as hosts to the French families in 2010 and then being able follow up the friendships made with our return to Plaisir as guests of the French families in 2011.
As a taster for these visits Carol Barnard the chairman extends a warm welcome to anyone to come and join the Association and to participate in our forthcoming events such as the cheese and wine evening on November 13 when a guest speaker will provide photographs and music on Suffolk and the Suffolk coast. For December an evening is planned at the former Plaisir Restaurant at Lowestoft College and in January there will be the annual dinner.
These events give a wonderful opportunity for those wishing to develop links with French families to meet together to pursue their mutual interest. If anyone wishes to consider joining us and would like to know more please feel free to contact the chairman Carol Barnard on 01502-562458.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 3 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 8 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings