Lowestoft woman fails to win slimming award
Most women aim to be in their best shape before they set off on their holidays.
But as a new look north Suffolk grandmother prepares for her holiday to Austria later in the year she is being spurred on by the thought of her embarrassing trip to the European country last year.
As a 14st 9lbs Janet Brooks walked up the Tyrol mountains last July she was left behind by her group as she struggled to keep pace with them due to her weight.
Because of her size 20 figure and the sight of fellow travellers streaking ahead of her she made a pledge that she would never face such embarrassment again.
And now eight months later the 60-year-old is showing off her new look size 12 figure after she lost more than 4st since September.
You may also want to watch:
Because of her Tony Ferguson Weightloss Programme, run in conjunction with Boots, Mrs Brooks can not wait until she takes to the Austrian mountains again this summer.
Her weight loss programme saw Mrs Brooks ditch potatoes, pasta rice and bread in favour of special milk shakes and two main meals with mountains of vegetables.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
She also sets herself the target of walking 10,000 steps a day.
Because of the amazing change in her figure Mrs Brooks, from London Road South, has been nominated for Britain's Biggest Winner awards on Thursday.
The former supply teacher battled it out against four other Tony Ferguson Weightloss Programme finalists to win an all expenses paid trip to Australia.
However she did not win the competition.
Thurday'ss award ceremony London's Georgian House Hotel was hosted announced by Dr Christian Jessen, the star of Embarrassing Bodies and who was a judge at the awards.
Mrs Brooks said he was'nice man' and an 'ordinary human being'.